CREEK FIRE: How to Apply for FEMA Individual Assistance

If your home was damaged or destroyed in the Creek Fire and didn't have insurance or were under-insured, you should apply for Individual Assistance through FEMA immediately. If you're eligible, FEMA funds can help pay for various housing-related items such as:

Rental Assistance
Lodging Expense Reimbursement
Home Repair
Home Replacement
Moving/Storage Expenses
And more.....

You can register for this federal assistance in three ways:

  • Register online at
  • Register by downloading and using the FEMA app on your smartphone or tablet,
  • Register by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. PDT. The helpline has specialists who speak many different languages.

The deadline to register is December 15.

To apply for assistance, be prepared with the following information:

  • Social Security Number
  • Insurance policy information
  • Address of the damaged primary dwelling
  • A description of disaster-caused damage and losses
  • Current mailing address
  • Current telephone number
  • Total household annual income
  • Routing and account number of your checking or savings account (for direct transfer to your bank account)

Click here to find out more about the assistance available through FEMA and what to expect when you apply.