DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
DMV offices are working to reschedule previously canceled visits that require an in-person visit. The DMV has already begun rescheduling appointments canceled during the temporary closure and notifying customers of the new date. Once the DMV has accommodated those customers, the DMV will begin offering a limited number of new appointments. New appointments are not currently available. There are numerous driver's license and registration extensions that have been automatically granted by the DMV.
DMV QUICK FACTS
– Extensions require no action on the part of the driver.
– There is no cost for an extension.
– DMV has alerted California law enforcement of the extensions.
– You will not receive a new card in the mail. You may drive with an expired license or permit only if you meet the criteria outlined above for your license type.
- Commercial/Noncommercial Driver's License Extension Information
- How to Request Free Temporary Paper License
- Real ID Deadline Extended until October 2021
- Take Care Project Grocery Box | Call: 559-234-0707
SBA LOAN FAQ'S
Click below for frequently asked questions about the Small Business Administration's COVID-19 loan programs.
- SBA Loan FAQ's
- To complete the Paycheck Protection Program application, click HERE. For a list of SBA approved lenders to submit you application to, click HERE.
- To apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan, click HERE.
Today, the Governor announced a Bridge Loan program, where small businesses can keep and use up to $50,000 in sales tax as a loan and can pay the State back in one year with no fines, penalties or interest.
An executive order signed March 30th will provide tax, regulatory and licensing extensions for businesses throughout California. The order allows for businesses with a filing less than $1 million a 90-day extension on state and local taxes, including sales tax. It will also provide extensions on licensing deadlines and requirements for several industries. To view the full list of extensions download the linked PDF below.
Through the EDD, employers experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. As an alternative to layoffs, employers experiencing a slowdown in their businesses or services can apply for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program, which may help you keep your employees by allowing workers to receive a percentage of their UI benefits based on reduced hours.
- Employment Development Department: Work Sharing Program
- Employment Development Department: Tax Assistance
Soon, seniors and other adults at high risk from COVID-19 will be able to have three nutritious meals delivered to them daily by local restaurants. Through a combination of federal, state and local funds, businesses will be paid $16 for breakfast, $17 for lunch and $28 for dinner for a total of $66 per day per individual served. For restaurants interested in participating in the program, please contact Fresno County OES at 559-600-4065. When the program begins, seniors may call 211 to enroll.
Additional Employer Resources:
- California’s Labor & Workforce Development Agency, Resources For Employers And Workers
- CalOSHA Guidance On Requirements To Protect Workers From COVID 19
- National Small Business Association, Resources For Small Business On COVID-19
- Governor's Office Of Business And Economic Development (GO-Biz
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYEES
The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program provides unemployment benefits to business owners, self-employed, independent contractors, those with limited work history and others not usually eligible for regular state benefits. Those who are eligible for the program will also receive the additional $600/week through the CARES Act for claims between March 29th and July 31st.
Employees who are sick, caring for the sick, or have reduced work hours may qualify for assistance through the EDD. Those who are self-employed and pay into CASDI may qualify as well. To learn how to apply, please visit the EDD's Website. If you're having trouble applying, please contact my district office.
For a list of state park closures visit the link below.
The Tulare County General Services Agency announced the closure of all county parks and the cancellation of all reservations through April.
- Tulare County General Services Agency: All County Parks are Closed and Reservations canceled through April
PACIFIC GAS & ELECTRIC
For both residential and commercial customers, PG&E has suspended all service shut-offs due to non-payment and will be providing flexible payment plan options, until further notice. Call centers are still open to address your needs and can be reached at (800) 743-5000.
- PG&E's response to COVID-19
- PG&E's Pandemic Response Includes Precautionary Health and Safety Actions; Moratorium on Customer Shutoffs for Nonpayment
Blood donation is still considered an essential activity under the shelter-in-place policy. I encourage all those who are healthy to schedule an appointment online and donate.
- Crisis Text Line
- Managing Anxiety And Stress
- National Alliance On Mental Illness HelpLine
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Substance Abuse And Mental Health Services Disaster Distress Helpline
The COVID-19 Emergency Financial Relief Program was created to provide financial assistance to all Veterans, Active Duty, Reserves and National Guard who are experiencing a financial setback due to the negative economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant amount will support 1 month of payment up to $1,500 in the following areas: rent, mortgage, auto loan/lease, utilities.